August 13, 2011

New Orleans Day 3 & 3.5

Last full day in New Orleans began with our last meeting and goodbyes until next time. We woke up early since we stayed in the night before and drove over to Cafe du Monde to get some beignets and coffee for breakfast. Who knew that they didn't have cup holders! Luckily my cousin, Bayani, had a basket in his car which we were able to hold the 16+ cups of coffee and hot chocolate. After the meeting we headed out for brunch/lunch at Acme Oyster House with my cousins Jenae, Joanna and her family. It is here that I tried my first oyster. I find the disgusting looking which always prevented me from eating it but this time we had them charbroiled and they weren't half bad! We came out of the restaurant and found it to be pouring raining. We said our goodbyes to Jenae and Joanna and the family in the rain and took a cab to the French Market where the rest of the afternoon was spent pasalubong shopping (souvenir shopping). Went to have a muffaletta at this restaurant called Franks where the bartender made us this bomb Hurricane drink, better than the one we had at Pat O'Brien's. We also walked ourselves over to Southern Candymakers to get some Pralines, of which I am regretting not getting more. On the way there we had this Macroon shot at this bar called Crescent City. Then we took our last stroll down Bourbon St., had shots with the bartender that my cousins had made friends with earlier in the week, of whom reminded me of Sookie Stackhouse due to her telling us a tidbit about her "Gran."

We spent our evening using our b1g1free coupons from the hotel bar and lounged with our drinks in the hotel courtyard, which is just gorgeous. We ordered burgers from Yo Mama Burger and spent the night laughing and eating one of the most amazing burgers ever. Then reality sunk in and we sadly packed our bags to be ready to leave for home the next morning.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Breakfast time in my cousin's VIP suite, you can't see my bed in this photo haha the couch was a pull-out.

Photobucket
Only half of the wrap around balcony. So pretty!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Seafood gumbo and a fried shimp poboy! I could really eat this right now.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Purchases! I bought myself this awesome slick black masquerade mask. Although I wished I bought a colorful one.

Photobucket
Corn and crap soup!

Photobucket
Muffaletta!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Macroon shots!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Last view of Bourbon St.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hotel Courtyard on our last night.


DAY 3.5
Our last day, can you tell how humid it is by this photo? It was raining like crazy when we stepped out of the hotel and it seriously started within 10 minutes of me stepping out on the balcony! We went straight to the airport where we found out that my cousin's suitcase was overweight by $90! Luckily we had extra bags to take as carry ons! Crazy stuff!

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. looks like u guys are having a blast::D:D
    xx
    www.vnikali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice place, yummie food, and friend , perfect combo!!!
    Freesia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoyed it! x

    ps I'm sorry for writing here, but would you PLEASE vote for me HERE by clicking "stem"? I'd REALLY appreciate it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! You look like you had so much fun :)

    xx
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! I would love to visit New Orleans! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love these photos! very sweet. i especially love that burger. its huge!!

    thanks for following, i'm doing the same :D love the blog!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. all I see is.. food, family, fun and LOTS OF FUN! yay:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is illegal. You cannot have this much fun without me, ha. :) I'm ridiculously jealous, next time you're packing me in your suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! this looks like such a cool place! I would love to visit there sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the food looks so good!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos!
    It seems like so much fun dear :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos - and omgsh that food looks SOOOOO delis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds and looks amazing! I love how there is such a great French community in New Orleans!

    16 cups! Big family :)

    Virginie ♥

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! A million thanks for leaving a comment!