August 10, 2011

New Orleans Day 2

Day 2 was pretty busy. We had a lunch at the hotel where we reminisced, caught up with everyone's lives, quizzed each other on family happenings, and ate really good food. It was nice and intimate although we all missed everyone that couldn't make it, which was a lot of people. Four whole clans of the family were missing.

OOh, I also wore my homemade feather earrings and got so many compliments, including this girl we met in the bathroom. haha I was waiting in line as she was washing her hands and she goes "I LOVE YOUR EARRINGS." She had a pretty loud voice in the tiny bathroom we were in. After lunch we took our photos then headed out for a walking tour, which my cousins found on the Internet, but had to severely edit it due to some of the walking inabilities of the older family members. I tried Cafe du Monde beignets and an iced cafe au lait, honestly they taste exactly like the ones from here and you can buy the mix here as well. Although that didn't stop us from buying some there! =D We did some walking around on our own, the French Quarter has such gorgeous buildings! When I get super rich I want my own New Orleans-style wrought-iron balcony complete with it's own hanging plants. For dinner we went to Ralph and Kacoos, where I had this awesome fish covered in crab. For dessert we had this extremely delicious white chocolate bread pudding. I took my first bite and almost died from goodness. It was then I got a little home sick because my mom loves bread pudding and chocolate and I kept thinking how much she would have loved it. Night time was laid back. We did so much partying the night before we were pretty much pooped. We stayed in and planned for the next day.


Photobucket
Logo that my sister made!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Everyone in attendance this year....not even half of the whole family!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hand Grenades!

Photobucket
My yummy fish and crab!

Photobucket
BOOOOOMB white chocolate bread pudding!

Last day coming soon!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, this may seem weird, but the name Ramos, is that by any chance portuguese? Cause, you see, I´m portuguese and that´s a very common name here. So I was just curious.
    It looks like you had a wonderful time, and your food looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your earrings really are awesome! :)
    -April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys have a great time. Love your casual and chic outfit. That bread pudding looks so yummy. I wanna try! :P

    Happy Friday!Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog! love your pictures!
    http://maffionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to go to New Orleans! I bet they have amazing antique shops there--and the buildings are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic post!

    kisses,
    Klaudia B.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! A million thanks for leaving a comment!