August 5, 2011

New Orleans Day 1

Let's begin with the craziest, well maybe not so crazy, story ever: I knew my friend Kristen was going to be in New Orleans same weekend as me but I didn't even think to ask about her flight info. So I get off the plane waiting for my cousin who was seated a few rows behind me and I see Kristen standing there with her own cousins! Then she asks "were you on this flight?" I respond to her and we continue to revel in the craziness that we were both on the same plane for 3.5ish hours (plus the 2 hours waiting at the airport) without even knowing it. Weird.

I didn't take any outfit photos during this trip mainly because of the weather and I only had a crappy point and shoot. I was going to have my photographer cousin do it but he didn't get a flight out and then I just forgot about the whole thing because I got busy and it was just plain gross outside. My hair was just a disaster throughout the whole weekend because of the high humidity there. How the heck do people deal with their hair there?!?! Also how do girls wear heels in the French Quarter? One could totally sprain an ankle wearing flats walking around. I wore my heels once, when we had our lunch at the hotel and then took them off before we left to walk around.

But anyway... what a wonderful and amazing weekend it was! It's crazy over there! We stayed at this gorgeous hotel Maison Dupuy right in the French Quarter, 2 blocks down from Bourbon St. It's craziness/awesome how you can totally drink in the streets! Like if you didn't finish your alcoholic drink during dinner you can ask "Can I get this to-go?" And they will put it in a freaking foam or plastic cup for you! Awesome haha.

So my pictures are mainly touristy haha What else could I have done I ain't no professional =D

Day 1 consisted of dinner with the family at Oceana Restaurant, which we found out was the place of the last episode of Kitchen Nightmares and how their episode never got resolved....but the food was good and service was perfectly fine! After the older group hit up Preservation Hall and the youngins had our first night out on the town! So much fun. My cousin's friend who lives there brought us to Frenchman St. which was awesome and we would have NEVER ventured out there on our own so big thanks to him.

Photobucket
In the air..over somewhere...

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bourbon St.

Photobucket
My Catfish dish....freaking yummy!

Photobucket
(Ignore my nasty hair here) At Pat O'Brien's....those fountains were very awesome.

Photobucket
Inside the oldest bar in America...Lafittes. It's got no electricity except for the neon signs behind the bar.

Photobucket
Bar/venue with some live reggae music.

Photobucket
There was also live music going on here (it's everywhere!) it was my favorite place of the whole trip!

Photobucket
Nighttime on Bourton St. and a blurry figure that is my cousin Tracy.

Stay tuned for Day 2!

8 comments:

  1. you guys look pretty. funny story about your friend and you on the same flight but didn't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you're having fun on your trip! food looks so yummy :)
    follow each other?
    -April

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fabulous time!!!
    and what a coincidence that your friend was on the same flight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures! It's too funny you had a friend on the same flight, what a happy accident! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun trip! Love the picture from the plane, such a cool image!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.com
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post!
    Loving your blog!
    Maybe we can follow eachother?!
    xxx

    www.fashionapp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol! what a coincedence. that's so awesome. looks like super much fun.. and the food! yum.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! A million thanks for leaving a comment!