August 22, 2011

At some point, you have to stop running and turn around and face whoever wants you dead. The hard thing is finding the courage to do it.

Photobucket

This past weekend I finished the Hunger Games Trilogy. Call me a nerd for reading it but I loved it!! I've been wanting to read the books since I heard Kristen Bell was obsessed with them and I thought "Okay, they can't be that bad to read!" They've been on my "To-Read" list for quite a while. Finally got myself copies of all 3 books and read them in 4 days. I admit the writing style is obviously intended for young adults, but I'm surprised at how much of the content can be written for a more mature audience. It can be very grotesque at times and you're just like "kids are reading this! how is this part in it?" What with all the dictatorship, poverty, exploding dads, kids killing kids, rebellion, and you know, your basic dystopian society. Which you should know I find totally fascinating. One of the best books I ever read was 1984...which reminds me I still need to get back from my sister. Anyway, I thought they were super easy reads. I swear I could not put any of them down even finishing the first book into the wee hours of the morning (4am). Even after that I sat there for a while reveling in what the heck I just read. And there were honestly some parts where I seriously made remarks out loud like gasping and saying "crap!," "oh my gosh!," "woah." which is weird because usually all my remarks are made inside my head as I read. The first one was definitely my favorite of the three, the third one lagged and I was a bit unhappy with the ending of one character. But not everyone has a happy ending right?

I have a weird relationship with books. I obsess over them as I read them and I obsess over them for a really really long time after I'm done. And boy does that obsession become even worse when I start reading series of books. Also, I just hate how the ending of books just stays with me, haunting me in a sort of way because I know I'll never feel that way about the book again. It's not the same when you read it for a second time because you already know what's going to happen.

I guess all that's left is the movie adaptation that is currently being filmed. I never paid any attention to any of the casting stuff until after I finished the first one, where I started looking everything and anything concerning the cast and production. This was probably a big mistake because while I was reading the second and third books my interpretation of the main characters suddenly morphed into the actors who are going to play them. But whatever it's hard to change that now.

I left my own synopsis of the plot and all that out on purpose because I hate reading book reviews when I'm learning about books for the first time. I feel like it will just spoil my own thoughts. I just suggest you all give this book a chance even though I know how big this book is going to be once the movie comes out. People are already calling it the next Twilight, and GOOOD GOSH how I'm hating that. It is NO WHERE near Twilight, just to let you know. Just because they say they are hyping up the stupid love triangle doesn't mean people need to go around wearing shirts that say "Team Peeta" or "Team Gale" because when you read it will be extremely obvious. So just go read it haha and then come back and tell me what you thought.

6 comments:

  1. I read the series a couple of months ago and I thought it was really good easy read too. It isnt like Twilight, but the triangle romance got on my nerves. However, I did like the whole concept of the novels. The first one is my favorite!

    xx
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! I found you by chictopia :P nice blog...

    I never read the serie, but I try to find it on internet :)

    take care!!

    I'll follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouuu sounds nerdy ANDY cool! lol. girl, to be honest the only time i read now is for school. i cant find the time to do it =(

    i hope you have a great week love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read all three of these in quick succession because I couldn't put them down either! I definitely liked the first one the best though, because I thought Katniss got a bit annoying at times and the love triangle got old.
    However, I'm super excited for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i heard great reviews about the hunger game trilogy! after reading your post, i might just have to buy it and see for myself!

    read about your vintage/thrifting experience in d.t. fullerton. sounds like such a fun event! & you totally made me homesick... i used to go there all the time. hope all is well :)

    xx,
    cins-design3rd

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! A million thanks for leaving a comment!