October 11, 2010

everyone in this room they've got troubles too secret stories and lies that we never knew

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

via and via

I just watched Edward Scissorhands last night for the first time in yeeeeeeeears. I seriously can't remember the last time I saw this movie in full. And I think I saw it in a different light since I'm way older now and as cheesy as I am I wanted to cry at the end! Johnny Depp is perfect as Edward and I can't believe that Tim Burton originally wanted Michael Jackson as the lead role! How different that would be. The little quirks of Edward are just so adorable! Like when Kim finds him in her bed and she runs out screaming, but he just walks out all nonchalantly. Or when he is trying to put on the pants and he uses the belt loops to pull them up haha. I also love the way Burton plays on suburbia with the pastel houses with matching colored cars, the plain buildings, and the patterns. Don't get me started on the music. I usually don't notice the music in a movie unless its an actual song I like, but the score usually just goes over my head, but after my Film Music class last semester that all changed. The score is just beyond amazing. There is too much I love about this movie. Nothing can even compare it's just that fantastic.

6 comments:

  1. I saw this at the Tim Burton exhibition. His works are truly amazing!
    Still can't believe I haven't watched it yet though. Must get around to it sometime.
    btw cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. edward scissorhands !!!
    i havent watched this musical !!!
    but i really wanna watch it !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. still need to see that movie, I really want to watch it so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun, FUN post!
    hey girl good luck with your internship search!
    and I totally know what you mean about the waiting part being the worst. I kept on checking my e-mail constantly, and saying "what if no one calls me back" the worst part that I was pretty much offering to work for free, now that would have really sucked if I did not get a call back! haha! have a great week dear!
    xo
    ari

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i've watched it last week
    i really LOVE this movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing film. lovely blog you have here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! A million thanks for leaving a comment!