September 10, 2010

it's twenty seconds until the last call

I've done a post on her already, but she is just so darling I have to do another one. Carey Mulligan is just one freaking adorable woman. She's on the cover of Vogue's October issue (my thoughts on this later) AND she did some vocals for Belle and Sebastian's new single, which I'm in love with. Plus she's starring in the movie Never Let Me Go based on this awesome novel of the same name by Kazuo Ishiguro. Will she do anything I hate?



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
via

Back to the Vogue photoshoot, now I'm not big on critiquing fashion editorials, but after watching her behind the scenes video I figured there could have been more. She talked about how it was all about the staff making her laugh, yet all the photos of her show no emotion. It would have been nice to have a few of the photos of her showing something other than her blank face. I love the couture they picked out for her to wear though. She looks amazing in them.

I'm super excited to see Never Let Me Go. I read the book way before they started talking about the movie and the book is a real thinker. It's not a fast read, at least for me. It's one that makes you re-read sentences and paragraphs because you're just like "wait, what?" It's a total must read. Reviews for the film are pretty much positive, even getting rave reviews from the author, Kazuo Ishiguro, so that's a plus right?

9 comments:

  1. I just love her! Great photo shoot...

    http://kendallkstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHE IS AMAZING! :)
    I almost didn't recognize her in this photo shoot. Are you going to watch Wall Street???

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this editorial is amazing! i am loving the second picture... with the white dress and black hat. stunning

    xo
    ari

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great editorial. i have to agree with you, she is completely fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH-MAZINGLY beautiful pictures!!!! such a great editorial :)

    http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. carey mulligan is just freakin' adorable!
    this is such a great editorial..all the dresses she had on here are incredible..

    ♥ vanilla ice cream | POLKA DRESS giveway this way! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. GIRL CRUSH. oh gosh, i girl crush so bad on her! ;) she's the loveliest. i can't stop looking at this editorial. she's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I LOVE her. She looks so amazing in all of these pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! A million thanks for leaving a comment!