August 18, 2010

Vacation Part 2: Seattle, WA

We only spent one night here and it was so not enough. By the time we got to Pike Place, everything was closed and I so wanted to see them throwing those fish around! Also all the bakeries that I looked up were also closed. We took the Space Needle monorail, which was about 2 blocks from our hotel into downtown and just walked around. The area seemed sort of seemed dead for a downtown area, there were lots of people, just not as much as I would have expected, just in time to get some dinner and dusk photos from the top of the Space Needle. Seattle is gorgeous though. I loved the feel the city gave me as we walked around, minus all the bums. And there were a lot, more so than in San Francisco. haha

The next morning we woke up suuper early to catch the first train ride to Vancouver. The train station is this old historic building, but they were doing some renovations so it didn't look up to par. It was my first time on a train so the whole process was new to me. I have never even stepped foot in a train station. It was awesome, even if I didn't sit next to the window. We were lucky to get seats on the scenic side though.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. great photos! espacially adore the 7th one down. sounds like you're having a blast!
    love♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos, especially love the one of you with the space needle in the background.
    I visited seattle such a long time ago when I was younger, but let me tell you that you make it look 100 times better with your amazing photos.
    xo
    ari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, these photos are amazing! Especially the one at sunset with the mountain in the background (what is that?)So stunning, and must have been even more impressive to see that in real life. That's definitely another place in the states that I need to add to my to-do list!

    Thanks for your kind words about my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh also on you saying you would have loved to study Art History rather than Business, I studied Art History but I actually went into the business after and currently studying marketing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I miss Seattle. Thanks for posting these gorgeous pictures :) And did I see Canadian bills? Hahaha :D What do you think of Vancouver? Come to Toronto and I'll show you around ;)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. these photographs are stunning! love the en-motion ones and those in the train stations especially. captures a very 'travelin' somewhere' kinda vibe.

    thank you for stopping by devilishly pleasurable, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh those photos are lovely. ima go there one of these days! :D

    thanks for the love on my post at gizelle's blog, btw. swing by my site sometime?

    kathi folds five

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally envy you for being in Seattle right now; it is one of my favorite places in the WORLD! So glad that you're having a fabulous time, my love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you'll have better luck next time, it's always so disappointing to walk up to a shop and realize it's closed. The scenery from your photographs definitely makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look very pretty with that natural smile. I love your photos too. :)

    Join our giveaway to win a fabulous dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. my favorite is the city landscape at sunset ! the color of the skies are totally beautiful !

    take care and have a good weekend !
    GLISTERSandBLISTERS

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! A million thanks for leaving a comment!