August 12, 2010

Vacation Part 1: San Francisco, CA

For vacation my sister and I had adventures in 3 cities in 1 week, San Francisco, Seattle, and Vancouver. We hadn't been up north in a very long time and had never been to either Seattle or Vancouver. We had quite a time and had a mix of accommodations from crashing at my cousin's house to a regular old Travelodge, to 1 bedroom suites.

Ready for Part 1 of this trip?

Took a 55 minute plane ride up to northern California, where the weather was not as I expected. It was cloudy when we arrived around 10:00ish. My cousin Ivy and her dog, Rollie, was nice enough to take the day off from work, pick us up from the airport and show us around. She also said that cloudy was typical San Francisco weather at the moment. Luckily the sun came out by the time we started driving around. She drove us to all the typical tourist spots: Coit Tower, Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, etc. She also brought us to get cupcakes and ice cream, my favorite. Thanks to the sun we had gorgeous views of everything. There was not a cloud in the sky. At night we went to watch Inception, which is one freaking crazy movie. We also almost saw a fight between this semi old couple with this younger couple over seats. The older wife wanted the younger couple to move down a seat so they could sit with their son, but the younger couple wouldn't budge. They bickered back and forth frankly because the older husband said "oh she probably needs that seat for her fat ass." Then the older couple and son left before the movie even ended. But the movie was insane. I was just waiting and waiting at the end for that stupid thing to fall!

The next day my sister and I were on our own. We navigated our way through the public transportation system, making me realize how seriously dependent on cars we are here in Orange County. We spent the morning window shopping on Haight Street. We ate the delicious clam chowder bread bowls at Boudin Bakery on Fisherman's Wharf and saw full on naked protesters walking by Pier 39. We got a little lost on the way home, but thanks to Googlemaps and 511.com we found a bus to take us home.

Wish I had some cool outfits to show you guys, but I went for comfort rather than chic. I even had to buy a pair of shoes because I didn't even think of bringing some decent walking shoes. It's all good though, because I bought them at H&M and I remember wanting to get them down here, but they didn't have my size. So it all worked out! haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

San Francisco is such a lovely place, and I wonder what it would have been like if I went to school up there. I didn't really consider it, but did apply. Also, I loved all the parks we went to! People were actually out and just hanging out on the grass, Orange County definitely needs something like that.

P.S. Did you spot my new hair? Well, sort of new hair. Cut it about a week before this trip.

8 comments:

  1. *SIGH*... san fran. i want to roadtrip up there this year. actually, i would love to live there for a year or so. love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos! Totally drool worthy!


    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos!!! now i miss home.. :(

    <33 [v] hobovogue

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing photos!!!! and looks like you and your sister both had lots of fun...also your chihuahua..hehe.

    love the print of your top!

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love SF...and your lovey pictures make it appreciate all over again. Seems like you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dog is so darling! though not really my type. ;p SF is definitely one place I should come, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog ! I went to San Fransisco about 2 years ago and saw all those places mentioned in your post. Hope you had a fun time in Vancouver as well.

    xoxo

    www.thelushfleet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. again , such amazing pics! I was planning on having a mini vacay there in a couple of weeks, just hope I can get such amazing pics like yours. the pic with the bridge is simply stunning!
    xo
    ari

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! A million thanks for leaving a comment!