July 12, 2010

cause we'll all be portions for foxes

Hello all. Had a lovely Fourth of July weekend, minus Monday and it's gloom. (What is up with that?) Sunday we had a bbq at my house. My parents went out and bought a grill on Saturday and then since we knew no one in the family had planned anything called up everyone that night and told them all to come over Sunday. We are a last minute kind of family.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Evening/night was filled with food, babies, t-ball, scrabble, and my cousin going to the ER for his swollen thumb. We grilled up the typical fourth of july food: hot dogs and hamburgers. Nicolas, Noah and Jayson filled the baby aspect of the night. My nephew Junior showed us his t-ball skills his t-ball set my sister got from Target. We played a game of Scrabble with the board and Words on iphones/ipods. Then my cousin left a bit early to go to the ER for a swollen thumb he has had since Wednesday. He came back from the ER to tell us what happened and I'd rather not give you a mental image of it.

Woke up last Monday to JuneJuly Gloom. Gloomy status all over the place and I did not like it one bit. It's July! This summer here in So Cal has not been a hot one, not like last year. Then I hear that on the East Coast the temperatures are up in the 100s, where as here its more like the high 70s/low 80s. Even though I don't enjoy hot weather as much as I do cold, everyone expects July to be one hot month.

Outfit from the Fourth:

Photobucket

top: h&m; skirt: target; shoes: target

5 comments:

  1. oh last minute party invites for filipinos are okay! people will come as long as there is good food and here in PI, food + karaoke...hehehe.

    such a cute skirt!

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i loove your skirt!!! I can't believe that you got it at target!!!! I want one too! I have been in desperate need of florals!!! I wonder if they still will have them!!

    oh yes love your outfit! you looked so cute for 4th of july. I usually over dress for everything,.. so this time I dressed extremely low key and chill, jean shorts, tee, and sandals... sooo not like me ahah!
    have a great week hun ;)
    ari

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaahhh give me those cupcakes!! yummeeehh!!!

    love your outfit, dear!!! you look so fresh and feminine!!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fun!!! Now I totally want a cupcake.

    Your outfit looks great! I've been looking for tan heels forever.

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your outfit, it's very pretty!
    and those cupcakes look delicioussss and fun. i hope you're cousin is okay from the ER.
    i bet you miss the july gloom? cuz it's been sooo hot the last few days.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! A million thanks for leaving a comment!