January 2, 2010

An Education

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I have been wanting to watch this movie for the longest time, ever since I saw it mentioned in some magazine and I looked it up on the internet. I was absolutely mesmerized by the trailer when I first saw it and I was so sad that it was one of those limited released movies. So you
have no idea how excited I was to see it available.

An Education stars Carey Mulligan as Jenny, who I think is adorable! She was previously played Kitty Bennett in 2005's Pride & Prejudice. This film takes place in England during the 60s and shows the relationship between 16 year old school girl and the super rich, 30-something David played by Peter Sarsgarrd. I thought this movie was beautifully made and really made you sympathize with Jenny. I loved this movie so much that I am so close to calling it one of my favorites, but the one thing that killed it was the ending. It wasn't a very good one and needed so much more closure than what they showed you on screen. There was this big build up, yet nothing to end or close it. The movie is based on a true story; the memoirs of journalist Lynn Barber. Other than the ending, it was one of the best movies I've recently seen. Carey Mulligan is nominated for a Golden Globe for her role as Jenny and I'm not sure if she totally deserves a win, but she definitely earned herself the recognition.

2 comments:

  1. i am dying to see this! it looks absolutely amazing<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. watch it! it's a really great movie!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! A million thanks for leaving a comment!